katewritesandreads

katewritesandreads

Friday 11 February 2022

News Flash!!

 

 Delighted to say I have been shortlisted for the Scottish Arts Club Flash Fiction Award 2022. 

 

My story, The Two Gems, came out of a prompt given to members of Edinburgh Writers' Club, for which much thanks.

 

The judges, Louise Welsh and Zoe Strachan, have made their decision which will be announced at a Flash Bash on 19 February.

 

Crossing my fingers but not holding my breath as regards winning as there are 26 other shortlistees.

 

You can read all the entries here.

 

UPDATE I wasn't placed but it was gratifying to know there had been 650 entries. And I had a lovely NIGHT OUT at the awards ceremony and met some NEW PEOPLE – I think everyone was thrilled at the normality of that. The deserving winner was the entry called A Letter from the Home Office. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kate... and good luck for the next round. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rae. Nice to be shortlisted whatever happens!

    ReplyDelete